Scrimmage is a five-on-five mode which doesn't affect your Skill Group. As Valve explain it: "When you play a Scrimmage map all of the competitive rules are the same, but there are no restrictions on players in your party, and your Skill Group will not be adjusted or displayed after your match."
CS:GO map Workout removed from official matchmaking, two new maps added...
The latest update for CS:GO is a significant one. Two maps have been added to the Defusal Group Sigma competitive pool, one of which is the popular Seaside map and the other a new one called Breach. Breach is, according to the CS:GO blog, "a defusal map set in a spacious corporate building". If you want to try the new maps they're in Deathmatch and Casual, and are also available as Scrimmage maps under the Competitive tab.
On the way out is the Workout map, which will no longer pop up in official matchmaking. The Vertigo map has also been modified in some pretty significant ways including new approach to site B. For the full list of changes, the patch notes:
– Added Breach and Seaside to Defusal Group Sigma.
– Removed Workout from official matchmaking.
– Added “Scrimmage Maps” to official competitive matchmaking. Scrimmage maps include: Ruby, Breach, Seaside.
— When playing Scrimmage Maps in official competitive matchmaking: there are no restrictions on players in your party, your Skill Groups will not be adjusted after the match, your Competitive Wins counter will not be incremented upon winning the match. Abandoning the match after you ‘ACCEPT’ will result in a penalty.
– Game server logs on Linux are now using a separate thread to write the data to filesystem which improves performance of the game server main thread.
– Fixed a regression which prevented cycling grenades with TAG grenade.
– Fixed a rare crash related to bump mines and breach charges.
– Mute spinner on in-game players can now be dragged all the way down to zero.
– Fixed an unintended boost position on Overpass.
– New approach to B site
– Removed “rafters” around B site entrance
– Offset HVAC units on B site, numbered them
– Added a way to throw utility into B site without being exposed
– Removed one-way drop down elevator shaft
– Added ladder-room near elevator shaft, connects up to mid chokepoint, allows utility towards A
– Moved bridge over elevator shaft
– Moved T spawns further back
– Widened utility hole in T corridor to mid
– Made jump up on scaffolding at back of A easier
– Widened door at back of A
– Various minor bug fixes